Where to Send Fully Accomplished CG 1258 Form?

Vessel documentation involves filling out various forms. One of them is the CG 1258. As a boat owner, you might want to know where to send this form in less time and effort. Thankfully, you can use our services to achieve this purpose. 

Completing CG 1258 Form 

Before knowing where to send it after filling out the form, it is important to know what this document is all about. Generally, it is a key document issued by the USG. This form is used for a variety of purposes including the following: 

Initial Documentation 

When applying for the initial Certificate of Documentation for a vessel, you will use this form to establish your boat’s identity and ownership. 


If you need to exchange your existing COD due to damage, loss, or name change, this form is the means to do so. 


For lost, damaged, or destroyed COD, a replacement can be obtained using this form. Essentially, this form is a vessel owner’s lifeline to ensure that your vessel is officially documented and compliant with the USCG regulators. 

Importance of Timely Submission 

You must complete this form and send it on time. Proper documentation is not only a legal requirement but also crucial for a vessel’s identity, proof of ownership, and compliance with various maritime regulations. Delayed or inaccurate submissions can lead to operational difficulties, potential fines, or legal complications down the line. 

Where to Send the Form? 

Previously, the only way to send the form to the proper authority was to mail it to the United States Coast Guard (USCG) National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC). Thankfully, there are online documentation processors, like Vessel Registrar Center, that will make the submission a lot easier and less hassle. 

Authorized Agents 

We are an authorized agent or documentation processor to process any document related to vessel documentation. You may use our services to facilitate any boat documentation that you need so you can sail legally. This form is found on the left side of this page. Simply fill out the form completely and accurately. Then, pay for the processing fee and submit it to us. 

The reason a lot of boat owners choose our services is that they do not have to go to the NVDC or mail the form. They can just fill it out right in the comfort of their home and send it to us. We have a team of experts who will review the form for accuracy. Keep in mind that any error found will cause a delay in processing your papers. 

Talk to Our Experts 

In some cases, you may need to understand what the fields are about. Or some details are confusing to you. Don’t worry though because our experts are here to guide you in the process. If you find yourself confused about some terms and do not know how to fill them out, make sure to give us a call. We will explain everything to you. In that way, you can be sure that your form is accomplished accurately. 

Send It to Us 

To ensure that you comply with the maritime laws, make sure that you accomplish the right forms. And if you need to fill out the CG 1258, you can find it on the left side of this page. For more guidance, just call our team and we are happy to help you throughout the process.