The Vessel Documentation Applications We Provide

If you own a boat, you know how vital it is to maintain your vessel in a manner that complies with the requirements. However, were you aware that we provide vessel documentation applications that will assist you in being compliant? Our programs for documenting vessels are comprehensive and straightforward to use, and they may assist you in maintaining a boat in satisfactory condition. Our documentation software is the best choice if you seek a dependable method to maintain your yacht in compliance with the regulations. As a boat owner licensed by the USCG, you are aware that it is essential to maintain current paperwork for your vessel. Did you know that we at the Maritime Documentation Center provide a variety of apps for vessel documentation? The following is an explanation of each one:

Application For Original Certificate of Documentation

When the time comes for your business or organization to start registering their vessel with the state, you may be curious about the kinds of papers that will be required of you at that point. At the Maritime Documentation Center, we provide a variety of apps for documenting vessels, and the one you choose will depend on your requirements. For instance, if you seek the most fundamental paperwork, you should fill out an Application for Original Certificate of Documentation (COD). 

This form is designed specifically for people in your situation. This application is used to register a vessel with the state after it has been recently constructed. It shows that the vessel was constructed under all relevant laws and requirements. It provides information on the vessel, including its length, weight, waterline length, and other attributes, among other things.

Application For Renewal of Certificate of Documentation

At the Maritime Documentation Center, we provide a variety of marine documentation programs that are designed to be of use to vessel owners as well as vessel operators. The staff here at Maritime Documentation Center can assist you in selecting the package that will best meet your requirements. Our renewal application is consistently ranked as one of the most sought-after programs. By participating in this program, current vessel owners can apply for the renewal of their paperwork at any point before the expiration of their current certification. In addition, it is open to new vessel owners who want to renew a fresh certificate once it has been granted. With this application, we will be able to offer you a new certificate of documentation for your vessel before the one you now have can no longer be used when it reaches its expiration date.

Application For Abstraction of Title as A Vessel Documentation

This one is relatively straightforward; it’s an application that only asks for all of the pertinent information regarding your vessel’s specifications. The applicant is responsible for filling out the Abstract and sending it to us; after we get it, we scan all your vessel documentation and verify that everything is in proper order. Because of this, we generally advise that it be done for new vessels or vessels whose registration information needs to be updated. 

It is also helpful if you have misplaced or destroyed your Certificate of Documentation and want a replacement as soon as possible to return to work. This is the application you will need to record your name as the previous owner of the vessel you are selling and to have your name removed from the Vessel Register so that the name of the new owner can be recorded in its place when the vessel is sold. If you have a vessel that you intend to sell, you will need this application.

Application For Replacement Certificate of Documentation

The Maritime Paperwork Center is a one-stop shop for all things related to vessel documentation. You may rely on our specialists throughout the application procedure for guidance. Getting a new certification is necessary if you’ve previously received one, but it was damaged, stolen, or lost. We’ll ensure your replacement perfectly matches your original, as we do with all of our services. Aside from the fact that it won’t contain any information about your prior boats, there is no other difference. Application for a replacement must be supported by vessel documentation proving the original certificate was misplaced or destroyed and that an exhaustive search of all available records was done in vain. Additionally, the affidavit must admit that the applicant is responsible for any false assertions in the document. The affidavit must be notarized by a U.S.-appointed consular officer, public official, or licensed customs broker who has authority over where the document was completed or issued; or by any other person who is allowed to administer oaths (witnesses).

Vessel Documentation

Application For Change of Ownership/Management

By providing a wide range of services, the Maritime Documentation Center can support applicants for vessel documentation in several different ways. We may file for a change of ownership or management if the vessel’s documentation is transferred for any reason, including inheritance or sale. In addition, we provide an application for new builds, which is a necessary step in adding a new vessel to your boat registry. We can also assist you with an application for an annual inspection. If you are unsure which application to get or want further information about what each one comprises, our friendly team will be more than happy to assist you with any of these concerns.

The Maritime Documentation Center is the premier maritime documentation resource in the United States. We make it easy for you to learn how to register your ship and obtain official vessel documentation. Our knowledgeable staff will walk you through every process step, from initial registration to filing your forms and purchasing insurance. Contact us today at (800)-535-8570.