More Than USCG Renewal: Forms You May Need & When You’ll Need Them

Have you gone to our site for your USCG renewal, seen all of the other forms that we offer, and thought: “I’m not sure when or if I might need those?” Do you feel like your vessel needs some other forms of documentation but you aren’t sure what those might be? We designed the Maritime Documentation Center to be a resource, to be a site that vessel owners could trust. When you own a vessel, certain situations can arise. When they do, you can find the forms and help you’ll need right at our site. 

Mortgage: Getting One and Paying It Off 

Many vessel owners get their vessel registered through our site not because they need to for their commercial interests or something similar; they do so because they want to get a mortgage on their vessel. Indeed, for decades now, most banks and lenders won’t lend money for financing unless the vessel is documented. At our site, you can find the forms for getting started with a mortgage as well as ones for when you’ve satisfied your mortgage. Obviously, just sending these forms through our site doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get a mortgage or anything like that. Rather, they’re one more way that you can stay in compliance while you use your vessel how you would like. 

The MARAD Waiver 

In very particular circumstances, you can use a vessel that isn’t documented for carrying passengers. The vessel has to be at least three years old, and it can’t carry more than twelve passengers at a time. Moreover, it has to be owned by a US citizen and can only be used for carrying passengers (not cargo or anything else). If your vessel fits those characteristics, then you would want a MARAD waiver. As you might imagine, we have that form at our site, too. 

Replacement, Reinstatement, and More 

If you’ve owned a documented vessel for any length of time, then you know that you have to renew it annually. However, should you not do that, and you still want to maintain your vessel’s documented status, then you have to go through the reinstatement process. Additionally, if your vessel’s Certificate of Documentation, the literal, physical copy, gets lost or mutilated, then you have to get a replacement for it to be in compliance. You can apply for these and others at our site in just minutes. 

USCG Renewal Made Easier, and So Much Else 

While you do have to renew your documentation every year, we can handle it for you. For a fee, we’ll take care of your renewal. You won’t have to worry about it next year, then. Or the year after that. Or the year after that. Or… you get the idea. Indeed, you can renew your documentation through us for the next five years in advance. Imagine: five years without that hanging over your head. It’s just one more way that we can help. For others, visit our site or call (800) 535-8570.