How Our Documentation Center Can Help You in Specific Scenarios

Has something in your life changed and you aren’t sure how it pertains to your vessel documentation? Or, alternatively, has something with your vessel changed, and you know you have to update your documentation but you aren’t sure how to do it? We know how frustrating that feeling can be. That’s just one of the many reasons that we started the Maritime Documentation Center. Here, you’ll be able to find the forms that you may need in life come what may. 

What to Do When Your Vessel is No Longer Usable

Try as we might, no vessel lasts forever. Whether it’s Father Time or some other circumstances, eventually, our vessels may no longer be usable. Should that be the case, you can file for a “Deletion” at our site, which will delete your Certificate of Registration. Alternatively, this is also the form you should use in the event that you’re selling your vessel to someone who is outside of the United States. While it may seem like a paradox, sometimes, filing for “Deletion” is the right move. 

You (or Your Vessel) Have Moved

Speaking of “moves,” have you moved to a new home? Specifically, have you moved out of the address that is on file with the authorities? Should that be the case, the “Change of Address” form can keep you up to date with the powers that be. Alternatively, you will also need to fill out some documentation if your vessel has moved to a new hailing port. That’s what the “Change of Vessel Name or Hailing Port” form is for. Note: you don’t have to change the vessel name should you use that form to update your hailing port. 

You Have Decided to Use Your Vessel in a New Commercial Endeavor

Did you buy your vessel to transport people, yet have found that you could make more money using it for commercial fishing? Alternatively, did you use it to just have a good time, but now see how you can make a real profit with it? If you’ve decided to change how you use your vessel, you can do that through the “Change of Endorsement/Trade Indicator” form at our site. With that, you’ll be able to change it from a Coastwise endorsement to a Fishery one, to Registry, or even to Recreational. The choice is yours. 

Our Documentation Center is Here to Help You

On the subject of choices, we know that you have several when it comes to vessel documentation sites online. That’s just one of the reasons that we do everything we can to offer more than the rest. That means that we have all of the forms you might need, in one easy-to-use place, of course. Additionally, it means that we have the very best document processors in the business, making sure that your forms have none of the tiny errors that could slow down the process. To get started, you can head to our site or call (800) 535-8570.