Find Every Boat Documentation Cost in Our Online Forms

If you’re wondering how to find every boat documentation cost in our online forms, you’re in the right place.

Here at the Maritime Documentation Center’s office, we understand that finding the most accurate information and services related to your marine needs is challenging.

To make your experience even simpler, we offer several ways so that you don’t have to spend unnecessary hours in front of the computer.

Are you considering purchasing a sailboat but aren’t sure whether it’s the best scenario for you and your vessel? We can help.

Over the years, we have assisted numerous vessel owners in your same scenario in determining the best course of action at an affordable cost.

Boat Documentation Cost

How Does The Boat Documentation Cost? 

According to, every boat and owner is different, and each needs something a little different.

If you passed your last three-year certification period, you could renew your certificate by paying the appropriate fee. The renewal period is for the same years as your previous certificate.

Our advance payment options for USCG renewal documents include, no additional years: $75.00, 2 years: $150.00, 3 years: $225.00, 4 years: $300.00, and 5 years: $375.00.

Who Is Eligible to Obtain USCG Documentation? 

It is possible to document your vessel if you are a citizen of the United States and own a boat that measures at least five net tonnages.

Several caveats must be mentioned, including the fact that there are exceptions for some types of vessels, such as some oil spill response vessels. As an additional point of clarification, the term “five net tons” refers to the volume of something rather than the weight of something.

They can measure the net tonnage of your vessel, or the length of your boat can be measured to help determine the boat documentation cost. In almost all cases, if it’s longer than 25 feet, it weighs at least five net tons on average.

Who Is Responsible For Obtaining This Documentation? 

Meanwhile, suppose you fulfill the conditions indicated above. Your vessel is intended for fishing operations and the transportation of persons or commodities in the Exclusive Economic Zone or on the navigable waters of the United States. In that case, you must get a vessel registration certificate (EEZ).

Again, there are a few outliers (dredges, towboats, and so on), but they are few and far between.

A vessel’s endorsements should change according to its purposes, such as “Fishery” for boats engaged in commercial fishing activities and “coastwise” for vessels engaged in carrying persons or cargo, among other things.

Retrieving and Restoring Damaged or Missing USCG Documentation

If your certificate is lost or destroyed, the United States Coast Guard (USCG) will give you a replacement certificate. Occasionally, circumstances develop that allow for such events to take place. When something happens to the boat or is mistakenly harmed in any form, the documentation may be absent or moved. In some instances, the documentation may even be ruined.

You run the danger of receiving a fine if you do not have a valid certificate to back up the documentation number you show. Your inability to get the certification may prevent you from traveling to other locations.

To get a replacement for your lost or stolen USCG paperwork, you must submit an application to the Coast Guard for a replacement document.

In the same way that you would apply for the first time, you must also provide all of the necessary supporting material and paperwork to be considered for documentation.

To get a replacement certificate, you will need to provide the same information you submitted when you first obtained your certificate to the Coast Guard for approval, as well as a charge for processing the replacement request and the certification.

How Can I Include The USCG Documentation Number?

You need to ensure you have it firmly linked to your boat. But the ON of official paperwork is related to the ship’s interior, not the outside.

 However, it must be at an easily accessible location. The name of your vessel should be included in addition to the official registration number.

Arabic alphabets, Latin, and Roman numerals may be used in the name. It can’t be longer than 33 characters in length.

Ensure that the USCG documentation number has been permanently connected to your vessel according to USCG rules before using your documented vessel for the international cruise.

For the selected number to be shown inside the vessel, you must first indicate the NO before the number.

Using Arabic numbers and uppercase letters are required. Additionally, it must be at least three inches tall.

The benefits of the marine forms provided by Maritime Documentation Center to clients are our goal.

There’s a lack of understanding on how we can help each vessel owner with the advice and comprehensive services they deserve in providing boat documentation services.

Maritime Documentation Center offers reasonable prices and exceptional customer service to those seeking out the best option for you.