How do I change the name of a documented vessel?

You can change the name of your documented vessel legally through our site. All you have to do is to click on the “Change of Vessel Name or Hailing Port” form and fill it out. Do so here.

When choosing a new name for your vessel, the name must consist only of Latin letters and Arabic and Roman numerals. It cannot exceed 33 characters. Moreover, it cannot be or sound like anything obscene, racist, or profane. Additionally, your name can’t be or sound like anything used to solicit assistance at sea, either. In this, always use your common sense.

Selection 67.117 covers vessel name requirements.