Do I need a vehicle vessel transfer and reassignment form?

Not if you have USCG documented vessels, no. Those forms are almost invariably registered with States, and not the federal government.

If you are looking to transfer ownership of a vessel with USCG documentation, utilize our Transfer/Exchange form here.

That said, you cannot use that form to do so if there is an outstanding lien/mortgage on the vessel. When you do so, we have a Satisfaction/Release of Lien/Mortgage form here.

If you have any further questions about when you can and cannot transfer ownership of a vessel, contact us at