Do I Have to Register My Documented Vessel With the State of New Hampshire?

Most likely, yes.

According to the New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles, “any boat operated on the public waters of New Hampshire, including tidal and coastal waters and all inland waters, must be registered and must display the bow number issued by the DMV as part of the registration process, unless the boat is exempt as provided in RSA 270-E:4.

RSA 270-E:4 states:

“The following vessels shall be exempt from registration in this state (New Hampshire):

Sailboats under 12 feet in length, rowboats and canoes powered by sail, oars, paddles, or other human power. Any vessel which has an inboard or outboard motor shall not be exempt from registration except as provided in paragraph II.
Vessel registration in another state or country temporarily using the waters of this state for not more than 30 consecutive days.
Vessels owned or operated by the United States government.

Use this link to file for your initial vessel documentation through our site.