Do Coast Guard Documented Vessels Have to Be Registered With the State of Rhode Island?


According to the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management, “all motorized vessels as well as boats larger than 12’ (regardless of propulsion) must be registered.”

Furthermore, to register a documented vessel, the vessel owner needs “a copy of US Coast Guard Documentation Certificate in the owner’s name and completed documentation boat registration application.”

To acquire that certificate, vessel owners can use the following link for vessel documentation.