Can I Transfer Boat Registration Online? If So, How Can I Do So?

Yes, it is possible to transfer Coast Guard boat registration. Below, you can find the appropriate links for completing boat documentation online. If your vessel is undocumented (or, if your documented vessels must be registered in your state), you are required to complete documentation through your appropriate state agency.

If the vessel you wish to transfer the registration of already has a documentation number, you can complete the action through this “Transfer Exchange of USCG Documentation” form at our site.

In the event that your vessel has yet to be documented, you can complete this form for initial boat documentation.

If you are unsure as to whether or not your vessel ever has been USCG documented in the past, we recommend that you contact us through email. Include your HIN as well as your vessel’s name when you contact us at