Changing Your Vessel on the USCG Vessel Registry When Life Changes

Has your life changed significantly since you first registered your vessel? Did you move into a new phase of your life and are unsure how it relates to your spot on the USCG vessel registry? When we’re at the helm of our boats, the water can change at a moment’s notice. One minute, calm seas and traveling skies, the next, heavy chop, torrential downpours, and worse. You steer your vessel through the water, come what may, always on a course towards home. Here at the Maritime Documentation, we have all of the forms you’ll need to manage life’s changes through your vessel documentation. 

Change of Endorsement/Trade Indicator 

When you first file for your documentation, you pick which endorsement is right for your vessel. Registry (if you’re traveling abroad), Coastwise, Fisheries (should you want to engage in commerce with them in the US or the EEZ), and Recreation, should you just want to have a good time with your vessel. Yet, as life changes, you may need to fill out the change of endorsement/trade indicator form. Perhaps you’ve found that you can make more money with Fisheries than Coastwise. Maybe there’s a great foreign opportunity that you can’t miss out on. Regardless of the reason, this form can allow you to do exactly that. 

Change of Address

When you move, it behooves you to fill out this form. This is the address on record for your vessel documentation. You don’t want the USCG to have the wrong address for you. That can lead to any number of problems. With the change of address form, you can always be in compliance. Even if it’s just a PO Box, this is an important form of documentation to take care of. It’s also one of the least expensive to file.

Transfer/Exchange of Ownership 

Do you own a vessel with someone else and they’ve decided they don’t want to co-own it anymore? Maybe you’ve met someone and you want them to go in on this vessel with you. That’s what the transfer/exchange of ownership form makes happen. You can add or subject owners from the vessel. That way, the vessel’s real, true owners are always properly represented. 

Change of Vessel Name or Hailing Port

One day, a vessel’s name seems exactly right. Another day, it may not. When it comes time to change the name of your vessel, the change of vessel name or hailing port form will help with this. However, you may also want to use this vessel if you move to another hailing port. The port you hail from can change, just like moving your house. When that does, this form keeps you in compliance. 

All of the USCG Vessel Registry Forms 

Each of these forms are available at our site. Mobile-optimized, you can fill them out from practically any location and device, so long as you’re connected to the internet. However, on top of that, we have so many other forms as well. No matter what stage of vessel ownership you’re at, you’ll be able to complete all of these forms and more at our site. To learn more contact us by email or phone: (800) 535-8570.